Five things about me:
1. I can’t keep my eyes open in bright sunlight, as you can see. (@russellalboroto took this picture for @betterbodyfoods, and thankfully he was v patient w my sensitive eyes.)
2. I love baths. Maybe it’s because I’m a water sign?
3. I enjoy change. New, next, different...you have my attention!
4. I love to laugh, swipe to see a picture that cracks me up (📷: @angelbengal).
5. I’m 5’10”. I used to hate it, but now I love it.
Thank you, @erin.bakes & @everlywedapp for tagging me to share five things! I know I was supposed to do it in stories, but rules schmules. 😘
T E X T U R E
The sides kinda look like wood grain (thin chocolate ganache over peanut frosting), and the top looks like it has shavings from a wood carver (chocolate shavings). Playing with color is fun, but today texture is the ⭐️. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Chocolate cake with peanut frosting, chocolate ganache sides, and chocolate shavings. (I would really like to eat this cake, but I didn’t make it for me.)
Caking it up today! Gooood stuff like chocolate, peanut butter, honey, and who knows what else! ...I’m moody like that.
Pictured: This lovely slice of wine poached pear filled spice cake. Recipe link for the pears in my profile...I put one of the link gadgets (finally!) so you can find older links too! Yay! I’m a tech 👵🏻 so I’m really proud about it. ☺️☺️
Twenty Plastic Surrogates, Allan McCollum, 1983-1985 🖤 Saw this recently at the @highmuseumofart. It’s an interesting integration of art & mass production. Lots of thoughts, but, for me, my mind was whirling with all the possibilities of what these black voids could hold. Happy Friday! Here’s to the possibilities!
Meringue, crumb topped, or double crust? What’s your fave? 🍋 I have pie on my mind bc we have a fresh, new Flour Hour all about PIE! 🍑@jeremiahbakes & I discussed our favorite pies, answered pie questions, and then we talked w @sugarbearbakes about her pies & pavs pop-ups and MANY other exciting baking adventures! 🍒 Hope you get to listen while you munch on a slice of your fave. ♥️ Link to listen in my profile.